Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Another Day, Another Project!

If you're anything like me, you constantly think about what you could get done at home if only you had more time to spend there. Well, it's now day two of Atlanta's winter wonderland. I spent yesterday morning organizing my closet and have a pile to take with me to the store when we re-open (hopefully tomorrow). Afterwards my husband and I took to the couch like two potatoes and spent the evening watching movies, scrapbooking, and eating way too much junk food. So now this morning my living room looks like a bomb went off. I stared at it in fury and dismay for a few seconds, and then thought: silly me, I have plenty of time to get this back together - and to get it back together better! HGTV.com had some great tips to keep a family/living room neat and tidy. These are a few of my favorites:


1. Welcome the Waste Basket: Few family rooms actually have a wastebasket in them; they're not attractive and they can smell. Counteract this by choosing a can that fits your room's decor.

2. Keep Flat Surfaces Clutter-Free: Make a quick sweep of all flat surfaces by piling papers in a bin, then sorting and purging as necessary. Take a vow, and get your family to follow it, to put papers in files rather than on the coffee table.

3. Curb Your Collectible Enthusiasm: Large collections display best when bits and pieces are shown at a time (think shadow boxes) and rotated to keep the decor fresh.

Read the whole article at: http://www.hgtv.com/organizing/quick-tips-for-organizing-living-rooms/index.html

Finders Keepers Stores will stay closed again today. We hope to open tomorrow. Until then, stay safe and warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment